We would now what they thought when they did it, a call for a history of ideas in computing.
- Laurent Bossavit, author of The Leprechauns of Software Engineering, can’t work out who introduced the phrase “legacy code” (or why).
- Technical Debt was introduced by Ward Cunningham when talking to portfolio managers.
- Alan Kay “invented the term object-oriented programming” and he did not have C++ in mind.
- Software Craftsmanship: the New Imperative by Pete McBreen.
- How to reason about mutable state
- Oral History of Adele Goldberg from the Computer History Museum